Orthotics, Pectus, Plagiocephaly / Flat Head Syndrome & Scoliosis Clinics
LOC’s response to the announcement of a revised tier system
As of Wednesday 2 December LOC’s clinics are either in Tier 2 or 3. Whichever Tier they are in the guidance about travel is clear. Travel to a medical appointment is explicitly allowed.
During the first wave of the Covid 19 pandemic LOC was one of the types of business recognised to be essential; we stayed open and successfully treated existing and new patients. We have changed the way we work to keep all our patients and staff safe. The latest announcement has no additional implications for us; our Covid precautions have been in place for some time now and have been proven to work well. Accordingly, we are pleased to confirm that LOC remains open for treatment within a safe environment. Many of our patients have commented on how safe they feel when visiting our clinics.
Social distancing at LOC clinics
- We have completely reconfigured the waiting room area so that patients can naturally distance themselves from other patients
- Patients can ring us from their cars on arrival so that they can be shown directly into a clinic room if they prefer
- We are not offering newspapers or refreshments in waiting rooms to further reduce any risk of infection
Hygiene at LOC clinics
- Our clinicians are having their temperature taken daily when they arrive at the clinic
- Our clinicians are washing their hands before and after seeing each patient
- Hand sanitisers are available for customers in reception and in all clinic rooms
- Clinic rooms are cleaned in between appointments
What we ask of patients
- Please only bring essential members of your family with you to minimise the number of people in waiting rooms
- Either take your own temperature on arrival or ask a member of staff to take it for you – if you have a temperature you will not be admitted to the clinic rooms
- Wash or sanitise your hands, on arrival and departure
Finally: we have our own enclosed car park with direct access to the clinic so that patients do not need to use public transport
The London Orthotic Consultancy (LOC) is a private clinic that provides bespoke orthotic treatments for a wide range of adult and paediatric conditions. It was founded in 2004.
LOC is passionate about orthotics and their capabilities to improve lives. We search the world for the most innovative and evidenced based orthotic solutions. Conditions like pectus deformities and scoliosis can now be treated non-surgically very successfully.
We have satellite clinics in Central London (Harley Street), Bristol, Cambridge, Romford and Manchester. Our clinic in Kingston –upon –Thames remains our headquarters and provides clinical treatments for Positional Plagiocephaly/flat head syndrome, chest deformities, posture-related back pain, scoliosis, club foot, sports injuries and for a wide variety of neurological conditions that can be treated with bespoke orthotics.
In conjunction with Elaine Owen MBE, we run a clinic that specifically focuses on Optimal Segmental Kinematic Alignment approach to Rehabilitation (OSKAR) - an orthotic method of treating children with lower limb neuromuscular conditions like Cerebral Palsy. This clinic runs in our new Manchester Clinic at the Univeristy of Salford’s Gait Laboratory as well as at our headquarters in Kingston.
Please visit our Case Histories and News section to find out more about our treatments, general information, case histories and patient testimonials.
Please use the form below to contact us or visit our Contact LOC page for more options.