What is Orthotics?
Covid 19 Update – Kingston clinic open to treat patients in a safe environment
We are fully respecting the Government’s request for social distancing by asking all non-essential staff to work from home, we have also reduced the number of clinicians and manufacturing staff working at any one time in our clinic so they can work safely themselves, whilst continuing to provide an essential service.
If you have a condition that is time dependent – Scoliosis, Plagiocephaly, or Club Foot for example –or have an issue with any lower limb orthotics that is impinging on your quality of life; we suggest that you contact the clinic and ask to set up a Skype consultation with a clinician. You will then be able to assess your immediate options including coming in for an appointment if that is the agreed way forward.
Social distancing at the clinic:
- We have completely reconfigured the waiting room area so that patients can naturally distance themselves from other patients
- Patients can ring us from their cars on arrival so that they can be shown directly into a clinic room if they prefer
Hygiene at the clinic:
- Our clinicians are having their temperature taken when they arrive at the clinic
- Our clinicians are washing their hands before and after seeing each patient
- Hand sanitisers are available for customers in reception and in all clinic rooms
What we ask of patients:
- Please only bring essential members of your family with you
- Either take your own temperature on arrival or ask a member of staff to take it for you
- Wash your hands on arrival and departure
Finally: we have our own enclosed car park with direct access to the clinic so that patients do not need to use public transport
LOC manufactures the majority of orthoses that it prescribes and fits. The primary advantage is quality control. The direct involvement of the clinician in the process means that quite subtle design requirements can be incorporated into the manufacturing process. This makes all the difference in terms of fit and comfort.
LOC’s Kingston clinic has been specifically designed so that we can assess, cast, manufacture and fit all of our orthotics at the clinic. Any fine tuning adjustments can be done while you wait.
Enquire about Orthotics