Kingston upon Thames Orthotics Clinic
Covid 19 Update – Kingston clinic open to treat patients in a safe environment
We are fully respecting the Government’s request for social distancing by asking all non-essential staff to work from home, we have also reduced the number of clinicians and manufacturing staff working at any one time in our clinic so they can work safely themselves, whilst continuing to provide an essential service.
If you have a condition that is time dependent – Scoliosis, Plagiocephaly, or Club Foot for example –or have an issue with any lower limb orthotics that is impinging on your quality of life; we suggest that you contact the clinic and ask to set up a Skype consultation with a clinician. You will then be able to assess your immediate options including coming in for an appointment if that is the agreed way forward.
Social distancing at the clinic:
- We have completely reconfigured the waiting room area so that patients can naturally distance themselves from other patients
- Patients can ring us from their cars on arrival so that they can be shown directly into a clinic room if they prefer
Hygiene at the clinic:
- Our clinicians are having their temperature taken when they arrive at the clinic
- Our clinicians are washing their hands before and after seeing each patient
- Hand sanitisers are available for customers in reception and in all clinic rooms
What we ask of patients:
- Please only bring essential members of your family with you
- Either take your own temperature on arrival or ask a member of staff to take it for you
- Wash your hands on arrival and departure
Finally: we have our own enclosed car park with direct access to the clinic so that patients do not need to use public transport
Address: 1 Elm Crescent, Kingston upon Thames, Surrey, KT2 6HL
- LOC’s Orthotic Clinic and the Sports Injuries clinic are run by Sam Walmsley (BSc Hons), supported by Alan Hews (BSc Hons), Sally Hews (BSc Hons), George Coles (BSc Hons) and Anna Courtney (BSc Hons).
- LOC's Plagiocephaly clinic is run by Saeed Hamid (Dip OPTEC MBAPO, supported by Sally Hews and Jo Drake (BSc Hons) and Alan Hews.
- LOC's Posture/Back Pain clinic and Chest Deformities clinic are run by Sam Walmsley (BSc Hons) and Alan Hews (BSc Hons).
- LOC’s Scoliosis clinic is run by Sally Hews, Deborah Turnbull (BSc), George Coles (BSc Hons) and Anna Courtney (BSc Hons), all of whom are Schroth Therapy Best Practice qualified.
- LOC’s Club Foot clinic is run by Sam Walmsley and Saeed Hamid.
To make an appointment at the Kingston clinic ring: 020 8974 9989.
Kingston Clinic Facilities:
- Free car parking directly outside clinic
- Baby change facilities
- Child friendly environment with toys and freedom to roam
- Free tea, coffee and spring water
- Air conditioned
- Fully wheelchair accessible
- Disabled toilet
- Free WiFi connection (Network key on request)
The clinic is conveniently located only a short walk from Kingston mainline train and bus stations. It is only 25 minutes by train from central London and easily accessible from Heathrow or Gatwick airports.