Orthotics, Pectus, Plagiocephaly / Flat Head Syndrome & Scoliosis Clinics
Covid 19 Update – Kingston clinic open to treat patients in a safe environment
We are fully respecting the Government’s request for social distancing by asking all non-essential staff to work from home, we have also reduced the number of clinicians and manufacturing staff working at any one time in our clinic so they can work safely themselves, whilst continuing to provide an essential service.
If you have a condition that is time dependent – Scoliosis, Plagiocephaly, or Club Foot for example –or have an issue with any lower limb orthotics that is impinging on your quality of life; we suggest that you contact the clinic and ask to set up a Skype consultation with a clinician. You will then be able to assess your immediate options including coming in for an appointment if that is the agreed way forward.
Social distancing at the clinic:
- We have completely reconfigured the waiting room area so that patients can naturally distance themselves from other patients
- Patients can ring us from their cars on arrival so that they can be shown directly into a clinic room if they prefer
Hygiene at the clinic:
- Our clinicians are having their temperature taken when they arrive at the clinic
- Our clinicians are washing their hands before and after seeing each patient
- Hand sanitisers are available for customers in reception and in all clinic rooms
What we ask of patients:
- Please only bring essential members of your family with you
- Either take your own temperature on arrival or ask a member of staff to take it for you
- Wash your hands on arrival and departure
Finally: we have our own enclosed car park with direct access to the clinic so that patients do not need to use public transport
The London Orthotic Consultancy (LOC) is a private clinic that provides bespoke orthotic treatments for a wide range of adult and paediatric conditions. It was founded in 2004.
LOC is passionate about orthotics and their capabilities to improve lives. We search the world for the most innovative and evidenced based orthotic solutions. Conditions like pectus deformities and scoliosis can now be treated non-surgically very successfully.
We have satellite clinics in Central London (Harley Street), Bristol, Cambridge, Romford and Manchester. Our clinic in Kingston –upon –Thames remains our headquarters and provides clinical treatments for Positional Plagiocephaly/flat head syndrome, chest deformities, posture-related back pain, scoliosis, club foot, sports injuries and for a wide variety of neurological conditions that can be treated with bespoke orthotics.
In conjunction with Elaine Owen MBE, we run a clinic that specifically focuses on Optimal Segmental Kinematic Alignment approach to Rehabilitation (OSKAR) - an orthotic method of treating children with lower limb neuromuscular conditions like Cerebral Palsy. This clinic runs in our new Manchester Clinic at the Univeristy of Salford’s Gait Laboratory as well as at our headquarters in Kingston.
Please visit our Case Histories and News section to find out more about our treatments, general information, case histories and patient testimonials.
Please use the form below to contact us or visit our Contact LOC page for more options.